Member joining forms and Rules
All Local Authority Employees who are under the age of 60 years are eligible
Before the member official joining form
completed for any new member , it is important to refer to the Rule Book (Rule
4) to see whether the employee is eligible to join the Fund.
As a general guide , a member who has attained at least 16 years and is below
the age of 60 years (Fund's normal retirement age) is eligible to join.
documents should be submitted to the Fund in respect of eligible new members:
-JF1 form fully completed and stamped with the Local Authority official stamp.
completed and stamped with the Local Authority official stamp acompanied by a
certified copy of the identity card as proof of age.
N.B. : The fund accepts certified copies of National Identity Card , Long Birth
Certificate , Passport (must bear member's photo and date of birth ) and
Driver's Licence as proof of age.
The following, among other important sections, should be noted when completing
the JF2 forms
- Name Of Local Authority - Insert the full name of
your Local Authority.
- Surname and First Name- The full surname and first name as
shown on the member's Identity card must be inserted.
- Date Of Birth - to be
completed in full and ensure thet the correct date of birth is provided as
reflected on the employees's Identity Card.
- Employment Date- This is the date
when the employee sterted workingfor the Local Authority.
- Joining Date- This is
the date on which the member started contributing to the Fund and must coincide
with the date when contributions started to be deducted and remittes in respect
of the member.
- Annual Pensionable Emoluments- This is the annual salary as at
the date of joining the fund.
- Sex: Male or Female whichever is applicable.
- Marital Status- Insert either Single,Divorced,Married or Widow or Widower,
whichever is applicable.
- Official Sign-off on Sections 21 to 23-All JF2 forms
must be signed by an authorized Local Authority official and stamped with the